The Forest Of Hand And Teeth by Carrie Ryan

The Forest Of Hand And Teeth by Carrie Ryan


Reading level: Young Adult

Hardcover: 320 pages

Publisher: Delacorte Books


In Mary's world, there are simple truths.

The Sisterhood always knows best.
The Guardians will protect and serve.
The Unconsecrated will never relent.

And you must always mind the fence that surrounds the village. The fence that protects the village from the Forest of Hands and Teeth.

But slowly, Mary's truths are failing her. She's learning things she never wanted to know about the Sisterhood and its secrets, and the Guardians and their power. And, when the fence is breached and her world is thrown into chaos, about the Unconsecrated and their relentlessness.

Now she must choose between her village and her future, between the one she loves and the one who loves her. And she must face the truth about the Forest of Hands and Teeth. Could there be life outside a world surrounded by so much death?


Review


A very creepy and sad story.

While reading this book it seemed as my fingers were glued to the pages because I couldn’t put it down.

“The forest of hands and teeth” got me crying out of the impotence sometimes, and other times out of the sadness and of the inevitable.

Since the beginning I knew at least some people were going to die, that it wasn’t going to be a happy ending story, after all it is a zombie apocalypse, still I couldn’t help but to hope and hope for a happy end.


Mary is a brave character with clear ideas and a strong personality and it made me respect her a lot, but there were times when her obsession with the sea tired me a bit.

With the other characters there were times when I liked them and times when I didn’t, depending on the situation I suppose, but basically as the story went on I liked them more. The only one I couldn’t stand and got more and more annoying as things happened was Cassandra, Mary’s best friend.


I loved Carrie’s writing; although it was painfully descriptive it took me deeper and deeper into the story, making it more real.


Overall: If you haven’t read it, what are you waiting for?

4 comments:

Nina said...

Thank you for your great review! The book sounds very good. And I do love the cover. :)
I like creepy stories...

Tales of Whimsy said...

I love your last thought. Nice! Great review.

Alba Úriz Malón said...

Oootra de llorar...
Ayyy, con algunos libros últimamente no gano para lágrimas :P

Este ya lo tenía en mi whislist (ha cobrado más fuerza con la reseña, porque, Pi, great review, como han dicho!), y ya que lo traen (2010, a ver si sueltan prenda y nos dan algo más...), esperaré ;)!!!!

PD: wiii, y estaré atenta a los 22nd!! A ver qué traes, juju ^3^

vvb32 reads said...

glad you liked this book too! the ending turned out pretty good too, eh.

Related Posts with Thumbnails