Rampant by Diana Peterfreund

Rampant by Diana Peterfreund

Reading level: Young Adult
Hardcover: 416 pages
Publisher: HarperTeen

Forget everything you ever knew about unicorns...

Real unicorns are man-eating beasts with cloven hooves, bulletproof hides, and horns full of deadly poison. They can outrun a sports car and smell human virgin warriors descended from Alexander the Great.
Fortunately, unicorns have been extinct for more than a hundred years.
Or not.
And it is up to sixteen-year-old Astrid Llewelyn to hunt them down.
Suspensful, romantic, and witty, RAMPANT is the exciting YA debut of Diana Peterfreund.

Review

First of all I want to thank Lenore again for sending me this wonderful book, which, I have to say, I enjoyed a lot.
I was very eager to read Rampant but since I had never read any book similar to this one before, I didn't really know what to expect.
The plot caught my attention since the first time I read it, I mean, MAN-EATING UNICORNS! I thought it was a very original and promising story. And indeed it was.
I really liked to see trough the eyes and actions of Astrid. She was a great character.
I enjoyed her point of view of all the things that happened to her and, of course, her ironic tone that sometimes made me laugh.
I kind of had a problem with the other girls names; I somethimes found myself looking to the previous chapters to remember who was who.
About these girls' character, there was a bit of everything, I think there weren't two with the same personality.
I would have liked to know a little more about everyone's past and maybe that they had a bit more of action in the story; I know they are secondary characters but they are also important cause they're hunters as well as Astrid so thay could have had some more protagonism.
Apart from that I have no more complains.
The book was written in a nice way with a few touches of Alexander the Great (one of my favourite historical characters).
Overall: If you get this book you won't regret it. It will be out soon*

6 comments:

Summer said...

that book sounds scary. I don't know if I could handle it!

Laina said...

Have you seen the new cover for this? It's gorgeous.

Silvia said...

*Summer- Yeah, it kind of sounded scary to me to, but it isn't.


*Laina- Yes, I've seen it, it's really pretty. The woman in the old one seems older than Astrid.

Laina said...

I still say she looks like Dolly Parton. :)

Lenore Appelhans said...

Oh YAY! So glad you liked it. There's a sequel so maybe we find out more about the other girls' backgrounds then?

Silvia said...

Lenore- A sequel!?
Ah, when I finished the book I kept wondering if there would be a sequel but I didn't find anything. I really hapy now!

Related Posts with Thumbnails