Jessica's Guide To Dating On The Dark Side by Beth Fantaskey

Jessica's Guide To Dating On The Dark Side by Beth Fantaskey

Reading level: Young Adult
Hardcover: 368 pages
Publisher: Harcourt Children's Books


The undead can really screw up your senior year . . . Marrying a vampire definitely doesn’t fit into Jessica Packwood’s senior year “get-a-life” plan. But then a bizarre (and incredibly hot) new exchange student named Lucius Vladescu shows up, claiming that Jessica is a Romanian vampire princess by birth—and he’s her long-lost fiancé. Armed with newfound confidence and a copy of Growing Up Undead: A Teen Vampire’s Guide to Dating, Health, and Emotions, Jessica makes a dramatic transition from average American teenager to glam European vampire princess. But when a devious cheerleader sets her sights on Lucius, Jess finds herself fighting to win back her wayward prince, stop a global vampire war—and save Lucius’s soul from eternal destruction.

Review

I couldn't hel but to love this book. I devoured it in just one day.
It's writen nicely and it's an easy read.
The plot was original and "who has never dreamed with the day a very hot vampire comes to our door claming we're his beloved fiancé?

I do liked the main characters and I get to hate that stupid cheerlader.

I understand Jessica quite well, all the time focusing in what she believed rational and possible and what, just, couldn't be true.

Lucius was just an adorable guy.
I loved the way the author let us know about his feelings trough the letters he writes to his uncle Vasile, giving us another point of view of the story. I really looked forward to read his next letter after something significant happened.
I did fell sorry for him, especially when the final aproched, his story is very sad.


Overall: This was a lovely read. I nearly cried at some point out of frustration and I loved the final thought maybe it was a bit quick.
I would like to read some more about what happens after it.

About the cover all I can say is that I love it. Actually, it was the main thing that drove me to the summary (although the tittle is very intriguing too).
Just when I finished the novel I kept looking at the cover for at least five minutes remembering the full story.
I like that Lucius has this cute smile on him and he is showing his fangs.

4 comments:

go with happiness said...

I loved this also! It was so romantic and the beginning in the scenes of Lucius and Jessica. But, then whatserface came in! Ugh, I hated her. But the ending was so sweet!

Tiqa Khairi said...

I want this sooo badly! I love the cover too! Great review

~THE OPTIMISTIC PESSIMIST ~ said...

I agree, I love this book. What an awesome first book. I very much hope she writes a sequel. I wrote a review a while back.

Unknown said...

Gosh I adored this book!! I'm so glad you liked it too. I also thought it was really original which I love. I miss Lucius!! :(

Related Posts with Thumbnails